Forum Archive - Troubleshooting GTranslate Pro

Troubleshooting GTranslate Pro
Apr 5, 2011 8:02 pm by Edvard
Before we begin, make sure that you have unzipped gtranslate_domain.com.zip file and read readme.txt file. You can also read our online GTranslate Documentation. [size=120:2p9sog7l]Table of Contents:[/size:2p9sog7l] [*:2p9sog7l][goto=1:2p9sog7l]After the installation when I select a language, nothing happens.[/goto:2p9sog7l][/*:m:2p9sog7l] [*:2p9sog7l][goto=2:2p9sog7l]When I select a language I'm being redirected to a URL with the language code, but it gives me a blank page.[/goto:2p9sog7l][/*:m:2p9sog7l] [*:2p9sog7l][goto=3:2p9sog7l]When I select a language I'm being redirected to a URL with the language code, but it gives 404 not found error.[/goto:2p9sog7l][/*:m:2p9sog7l] [*:2p9sog7l][goto=4:2p9sog7l]When I select a language I'm being redirected to a URL with the language code, but it gives 500 internal server error.[/goto:2p9sog7l][/*:m:2p9sog7l] [*:2p9sog7l][goto=5:2p9sog7l]When I select a language I'm being redirected to a URL with the language code, but all the texts are being stripped.[/goto:2p9sog7l][/*:m:2p9sog7l] [*:2p9sog7l][goto=6:2p9sog7l]When I select a language I'm being redirected to a URL with the language code, but I still can see the original language.[/goto:2p9sog7l][/*:m:2p9sog7l] [*:2p9sog7l][goto=7:2p9sog7l]The translated page is always slow.[/goto:2p9sog7l][/*:m:2p9sog7l] [anchor:2p9sog7l]1[/anchor:2p9sog7l]. After the installation when I select a language, nothing happens. - Make sure that you have configured the GTranslate free module/widget to use Redirect translation method and turned on Operate with Pro option. [anchor:2p9sog7l]2[/anchor:2p9sog7l]. When I select a language I'm being redirected to a URL with the language code, but it gives me a blank page. - Upload info.php file from the product package into gtranslate folder and access it with your browser: http://domain.com/gtranslate/info.php and make sure that you have cURL, ionCube, JSON installed, if something is missing contact your hosting provider and ask them to install. - Try to enable the PHP error logging, to see the errors or check PHP error log. - If no errors, try to enable debug: define('DEBUG', true); in gtranslate/config.php and refresh the page. After that you will see a debug.txt file inside gtranslate folder, where you will see the communication between your server and google translator. May be your host doesn't accept connections? Consult with your hosting provider. [anchor:2p9sog7l]3[/anchor:2p9sog7l]. When I select a language I'm being redirected to a URL with the language code, but it gives 404 not found error. - Make sure that you have uploaded gtranslate folder to your www root folder. - Make sure that you have .htaccess file and have placed # gtranslate config block to the next line of RewriteEngine On line in it. - Make sure that you have Apache mod_rewrite or an alternative installed on your server (check with your hosting provider). [anchor:2p9sog7l]4[/anchor:2p9sog7l]. When I select a language I'm being redirected to a URL with the language code, but it gives 500 internal server error. - Probably you have changed gtranslate folder permissions to 777 and/or all the files now have 777 permission. You need to set permissions to default for your host (you can remove and re-upload). [anchor:2p9sog7l]5[/anchor:2p9sog7l]. When I select a language I'm being redirected to a URL with the language code, but all the texts are being stripped. - You have a wrong API key, edit gtranslate/config.php file and set a correct API_KEY which doesn't have &q in the end and/or any extra spaces. If you got something like this from Google: https:-//www.googleapis.com/language/translate/v2?key=AIzaSyD1rxxxxxxxxxxxRfElDIlo&q=flowers&source=en&target=fr&callback=handleResponse, your key will be between key= and &q=, in this case it is AIzaSyD1rxxxxxxxxxxxRfElDIlo . After you correct the key in config.php file, you will need to clear the contents of gtranslate/cache/XX folders. [anchor:2p9sog7l]6[/anchor:2p9sog7l]. When I select a language I'm being redirected to a URL with the language code, but I still can see the original language. - If you have entered API key which is an optional feature make sure is correct or just remove it. - Enable debug: define('DEBUG', true); in gtranslate/config.php, delete cache/limit.txt if it exists and refresh the page. After that you will see a debug.txt file inside gtranslate folder, where you will see the communication between your server and google translator. Check the request URL for a translation and the response. If you have reached the daily limit for your API key you need to wait. If you get a Bad Request then the API key is incorrect. - If you see SSL CA certificate error, ask your hosting provider to fix that issue for you. If it is not possible to fix and/or you don't care, you can set SSL_VERIFY_PEER to false in gtranslate/config.php (available since v3.1415). [anchor:2p9sog7l]7[/anchor:2p9sog7l]. The translated page is always slow. - Make sure that gtranslate/cache/XX folders are writable. After visiting a translated page, you will be able to find files in the appropriate language folder. If you don't see them, then set gtranslate/cache/XX folders permissions to 777.