Forum Archive - Pro and Joomla Cache

Pro and Joomla Cache
Jan 15, 2013 7:10 pm by Dawn
Hi, When I've enabled in global configuration of my site the site wide cache, I've got some problems: In the menus, sometimes links are pointing randomly to other languages. When I disable the cache, I don't have this problem. I think this could have something to do, because in the meantime was a site of this language accessed. Gtranslate comes after the cache in the plugin order (has the highest number; cache: 17; gtranslate 18). Is there a solution for this problem? Best regards, Dawn
Re: Pro and Joomla Cache
Jan 16, 2013 8:07 pm by Yana
Hi, Please change GTranslate plugin order . Hope this will solve the problem.
Jan 16, 2013 8:17 pm by Dawn
And you mean with plugin order for example gtranslate 17, cache 18?
Jan 17, 2013 10:12 am by Yana
HI, Yes, please try to change the plugins order. Also try to disable the cache for menu module .
Jan 17, 2013 11:09 am by Dawn
I've tried it before the cache module and after, got the same problems. Some menus are randomly pointing to other languages when I enable the cache. My cacche plugin (not the global cache) is already disabled. I'm afraid but nothing helps - only when I disabled the cache, then it works great. This is dangerous related to SEO because such random links can be bot-traps and prevent indexing the site correctly to the bots of the SE like google.
Jan 17, 2013 12:15 pm by Edvard
Hi, GTranslate plugin should be fired after any caching extensions you have. In that case it will be fine.
Jan 17, 2013 12:39 pm by Dawn
As I said, I've tried this already. I have it now AFTER the cache. As soon as I enable the cache together with Gtranslate, I run it problems. I can redproduce it when I access a site over the menu. Switch the language for example to spanish, access a few other sites, switch back to german (my default language). Then suddently some menus are still pointing to the spanish version, even now german is active. I only have this problem when I use the cache. Here a screenshot (full version: http://i47.tinypic.com/2642yr9.jpg): http://i47.tinypic.com/2642yr9.jpg
Jan 17, 2013 3:06 pm by Edvard
Please try to disable caching for the menu module from the modules manager.
Aug 25, 2013 6:56 am by anfas
I have the same problem, I could not solve it by reordering or disabling caching for the menu module, Any suggestion?
Aug 25, 2013 11:23 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to clear the cache and then change the plugin order.
May 19, 2014 7:23 pm by Scine
I've got the same issue effecting one of my web servers. Unfortunately, disabling cache isn't really an option for us. I've tried the other solutions to no avail. Any other suggestions of what we could try? Thanks in advance!
May 20, 2014 8:19 am by Edvard
Hi, You need to make sure that GTranslate plugin is on the last order in the plugins manager. After that if you still have issues with some particular modules, you will need to disable the cache for the particular module from the module options list. If it is not an option for you, then you will need to install the general version instead of the plugin. You can find the steps in our documentation. Thanks!