Forum Archive - AWFULL cache!!

AWFULL cache!!
Jun 7, 2012 4:34 pm by trotsak
What's problem?? - I have billion files at /home/interper/public_html/PEN4PALS.COM/gtranslate/cache/ and size of folder more than 15 Gb for 3 months of use GT!!!
Re: AWFULL cache!!
Jun 7, 2012 7:45 pm by Yana
Hi, Here are the steps that can help you to reduce the number of the files in the cache. 1. You can keep all the .human files and clean the rest or part of the cache. 2. To reduce the number of files in the cache folder you can disable the languages you don't want from the language selector and remove from your sitemap.txt. 3. If you have dynamic texts (dynamic date-times, counters etc.) in your pages try to wrap them with class="notranslate". Also, you can use GTranslate Enterprise service, which is a translation delivery network and it will keep the cache in our cloud TDN. You can find more info at https://gtranslate.io/faq
Jul 16, 2012 12:01 am by yenerich
Hi, 1. You can keep all the .human files and clean the rest or part of the cache. How is this? I really need to keep cache size not much bigger. I only see file with no extension, how to know which files can i delete? An explanation will be really appreciated :)
Jul 16, 2012 7:37 pm by Edvard
We don't suggest deleting anything. It is your translated content. You can open and see the content of each file and decide whether to delete it or not. If you have so many files and don't have space for it we recommend upgrading to Enterprise version which will keep your translation cache in our cloud. Please check https://gtranslate.io/#pricing to see more benefits.