Forum Archive - issues with gtranslate installation

issues with gtranslate installation
Mar 30, 2012 11:09 pm by souleye
I'm working on a site for a client with translation needs. we got the free version, client wasn't happy with results. now we upgraded to pro version. in the settings there's an api key field but I'm not sure he ever got an api key. when we select a language, we get a 404 page not found error. reading your instructions I learn that gtranslate must be uploaded to the root directory. which gtranslate? the free or pro version? in which case what part of the installation goes to the root folder? any assistance will be appreciated. thanks.
Re: issues with gtranslate installation
Mar 30, 2012 11:33 pm by Yana
hi,, API key is an optional feature . GTranslate Pro works without API. You can find GTranslate Pro documentation here: https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... umentation If you have a problem with the installation we can install it for you .
Mar 30, 2012 11:59 pm by souleye
please let me know what you need me to do. thanks.
Mar 31, 2012 6:24 pm by Yana
Hi, If you want me to install GTranslate Pro for you, please send FTP access and backend admin username password. Please use our contact form on homepage.
Mar 31, 2012 6:37 pm by souleye
thank you but I went ahead, read carefully your documentation and followed every step and it was installed successfully. it loads a little slow, which brings a few questions. is the ioncube loader slowing it down? would it load faster on a virtual server as opposed to a shared server? ideally we would move to a dedicated server but not at the present time. does the enterprise version load faster? does removing the languages that may not be used fasten the process? thank you for your answer to these questions.
Apr 1, 2012 3:02 pm by Yana
Hi, Usually it is slow on the first run. But when your site is translated and the translations are cached it will be almost the same speed your website is. You can remove unwanted languages from sitemap.txt to save the traffic. Please do not delete individual language folders from cache. As to our new Enterprise version, translation cache will be kept on our cloud network. Our servers are faster and optimized for the translation purposes, so they are faster in delivering the translations comparing with Pro installed on your server.