Forum Archive - joomla procedure for flag linked to submenu

joomla procedure for flag linked to submenu
Mar 8, 2012 3:31 am by deva
Hi, We're running Joomla 2,5 and got the flags running on all pages of my website. could you send me clear explanation, step by step, of how to link those flags to the submenus. RIght now the situation is: all the text in 2 languages already translated but can not link them to the corresponding flag. Cheers, Deva
Re: joomla procedure for flag linked to submenu
Mar 8, 2012 5:03 pm by Yana
Hi, In order to use flags you should select 'Redirect' translation method. You will be redirected to Google server to see the translations. If you bought the Pro version you will get SEF URLs.
Mar 8, 2012 11:47 pm by deva
Hi Yana, sorry I didn't explain myself really well; I have all the pages of my website translated already. What I'm trying to accomplish is to link the language flags to a specific menu that includes already all the submenu and pages translated in another language. Say I have on the home page the language flag 1 and 2. If I click to flag 2 I got an error message that this link does not exist or more precisely "Sorry, this URL is invalid". I'm totally new in Joomla (2.5) and without guidance or help manual of GTranslate I'm not able to do it. Could you help and explain how to do for a novice? Thanks Deva
Mar 9, 2012 2:54 pm by Yana
Hi , Sorry, but I really don't understand what you mean by " to link the language flags to a specific menu that includes already all the submenu and pages translated in another language." It would be helpful to post your website address here, so I can check and assist you.
Mar 10, 2012 4:57 pm by deva
Hi Yana, the website is not online yet, just on my local unfortunately. I'll try again to explain. We do not need the GTranslate to translate the pages I created. I have already all the translated pages perfectly translated. What I wish to do is to click on one flag and that this action will redirect to the menu of that language with the corresponding translated pages (articles). May be GTranslate does not do that and always use online google power translation? And therefore it is not possible? Hope you understand better my problem. Thanks for your advises. Cheers, Deva
Mar 10, 2012 8:24 pm by Yana
Hi, The GTranslate extension uses the Google translation services to translate the text. If you use the free module, you can install it on localhost but it doesn't work with the 'Redirect' translation method. In this case you should use the 'Google default' translation method. In order to use flags you should select 'Redirect' translation method. You will be redirected to Google server to see the translations.