Forum Archive - Form submission issue with specific compenent.

Form submission issue with specific compenent.
Jan 24, 2012 11:04 am by sic
Hi, We have GTranslate installed and working nicely on our site. However we're experiencing one issue when it is used with a shopping cart component that we are using - SimpleCaddy When in the default language (FR for us), everything works perfectly. When translated to English so that the "en" subdirectory is added we have issues. The Simple Caddy component uses forms that post back to themself - ie: "index.php?option=com_caddy&action=showcart" and it always directs away from the "en" directory back to the root. As a result we obviously lose the translation. If we hard code form actions to use "/en/" then they are not processed. In my understanding, that's presumably because the "en" directory does not exist on the server and the "en/index.php" file isn't in that location? I know that we cant expect you're plugin to work seamlessly with all other third-party components but if you had any pointers or could help at all then it would be much appreciated. Thanks
Re: Form submission issue with specific compenent.
Jan 26, 2012 6:42 am by aaronortega
I'm wondering this myself. If there a variable we can use to place the current language in our forms?
Re: Form submission issue with specific compenent.
Jan 29, 2012 6:09 pm by Edvard
Hi, The plugin sets a session variable to keep the selected language even if the language code is missing from the URL. That happens if you have GTranslate Pro plugin for Joomla installed instead of Pro version installed for general websites.