Forum Archive - Question on updated pages getting translated.

Question on updated pages getting translated.
Nov 16, 2011 8:50 pm by nemmar
I have GTranslate PRO version. I recently updated some of my site menu navigation and some of the text on the English language pages. When I checked the updated pages with the GTranslate links on the site, the updated sections of the pages did not translate from the English but the rest of the pages did translate. Is that because GTranslate saves a cache file for each page when it's first translated? If yes, then how do the GTranslate cached pages get updated when I make updates/changes to my site English pages?
Re: Question on updated pages getting translated.
Nov 17, 2011 2:20 pm by Edvard
If you wait some time it will translate the updated parts too.
Dec 20, 2011 7:42 pm by nemmar
Edvard, I have GTranslate Pro on my site that you installed in October. After about a month the article text of the pages was not translating. Only the menus and text outside of the article content body was getting translated. You gave me the new .htaccess code to add to the .htaccess file and now my pages are translating completely - both menus and article text. But I noticed that the old translated pages (with the article text in English and not translated) must still be in the gtranslate cache folders because those links are still showing up on Google. When I click the Google links it opens the Gtranslate pages on my site but the article text is in English. Is there a way to clear the Gtranslate cache folders of the improperly translated pages and keep just the correctly translated pages? I don't want to clear all the gtranslate cache folder files since that would also delete the correctly translated pages. So what is the best way to fix this so those old incorrect Gtranslate pages are no longer online (404 - Page Not Found errors instead)? Thanks for any advice.
Dec 21, 2011 10:07 am by Edvard
Hi, There is no need to clear GTranslate cache. It doesn't cache pages, but texts from them. I think you are using an outdated version. Will send a new version in a minute.
Dec 26, 2011 7:40 pm by nemmar
Edvard, I just moved my site from shared hosting to a VPS hosting account. My GTranslate Pro isn't working now at all. Can you let me know where to send you my FTP login so you can update my GTranslate Pro version and get it working again so it removes the non-translated article pages and only caches/saves the correctly translated pages? Thanks.
Dec 29, 2011 12:53 pm by Edvard
You can use the PM button on the right to send the info, so I can check it for you.
Jan 5, 2012 12:20 am by nemmar
Edvard, If you are very busy, then I can pay you a small fee to make these updates to my GTranslate Pro since I have to ge this corrected. I sent you the PM with the login for the updates. 1) I had to disable most of the translated languages for my GTranslate Pro module since it was overloading the server with database queries. I emptied all the cache folders to start from scratch and clean out all the old translations for all the languages. I will need you to reconfigure GTranslate Pro with the update to make sure it's working properly. 2) I also noticed this post which mentions problems with random generated content, as I asked about in my PM: large-cache-folders-t1410.html Do you have some random content generated in your pages? May be you have some random numbers or online user counter or dates which change regularly? If in the module configuration you can see module class suffix you can set it to "notranslate " (space in the end without quotes) which will do the trick for you. Otherwise you need to modify the source code of the module and add it manually. 3) How many languages do you recommend sites to use if all of them is too many for the cache folders? Which languages are the most common to use for websites? 4) Also, I wanted to install an xml sitemap script on my hosting server for my site. Can you tell me if there are any limitations or things I need to be aware of so it does not create problems for the GTranslate Pro sitemap file? http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone- ... rator.html Thanks.
Jan 16, 2012 12:22 pm by Edvard
Hi, Sorry for my late response. You can send temporary FTP access and backend access by using our contact page on https://gtranslate.io I suggest you to use only the languages you are interested in, it is up to you. You can install any xml sitemap, GTranslate Pro is compatible with all the sitemap extensions.