Forum Archive - GTranslate Pro questions

GTranslate Pro questions
Dec 1, 2011 2:45 pm by osamaaf
Hi, I have three (3) issues here: 1. I purchased the PRO version yesterday for a domain, now, after testing it, i want the domain name to be changed to my another one. Can u please help me? I want to keep privacy so I will PM u the domain names (old & new) with all other required details. 2. I had to edit the .htacces file to get it working by learning it over the forum here but this was not reflected in the documentation for Joomla (1.5). So can u tell me where I can find the whole documentation? 3. When I edit a language then hit save I am asked a username/password. What shall I enter here? I tried the Joomla backend ones as well as the CPanel ones but nothing happened and it kept asking me again and again. Thanks for a great extension!
Re: GTranslate Pro questions
Dec 1, 2011 3:05 pm by Edvard
1. It is possible. 2. The installation documentation is in the package. If you have any questions you need to post in our forum. 3. It depends what you have installed. If you have installed GTranslate Joomla plugin you will need to enter Joomla credentials. If you have installed for general websites you will need to define your username/password in gtranslate/config.php file.
Dec 1, 2011 3:52 pm by osamaaf
1. I have sent u a PM for this. 2. Actually i installed the joomla plugin then it was giving me 404 error on domain.com/ur/ URLs so I saw the doc inside the general folder and had the folder gtranslate copied to my root and also edited the .htacces file. Now this is what is not relevant for Joomla 1.5 but still I did it and got it working so it it ok or what to say? What will be the complete installation procedure for Joomla 1.5? (Note: i have sh404SEF installed.) 3. In the above step since i have copied the gtransalte folder as well to my root of Joomla 1.5 website, what will be the relevant credentials? I m confused I hope u understand me!
Dec 1, 2011 4:18 pm by Edvard
I have changed the license to your new domain now. You need to install GTranslate Pro for general websites if you have 3rd party sef extension. Just follow general/readme.txt. No need to install the plugin. You need create a username and password in gtranslate/config.php file and use that login/password when editing translations.
Dec 1, 2011 10:05 pm by osamaaf
Thanks for the quick reply! Would u send me a new package or I should use the one I have for the new domain? Secondly for installation u mean for my Joomla 1.5 website with sh404SEF (3rd party sef) i should use the general method rather than the plugin? What about the GTranslate module? Will it work as well (without plugin)?
Dec 2, 2011 12:00 pm by Edvard
Hi, You need to use the package you have on your new domain. Yes, it will. Just read general/readme.txt and follow the installation steps.
Dec 4, 2011 12:06 am by osamaaf
Thanks a lot for the support! BTW how long would be the updates and support period for this Pro subscription? I year or lifetime?
Dec 5, 2011 3:21 pm by osamaaf
BTW how long would be the updates and support period for this Pro subscription? I year or lifetime?
Dec 5, 2011 7:05 pm by Edvard
Hi, The support and updates will be sent lifetime.