Forum Archive - Bot IP alerts

Bot IP alerts
Jan 25, 2016 7:51 am by dennisth19
Hi, i get several notifications from akeeba admintools firewall, that even if i added the ip from gtranslate to the whitelist, therefore it creates an alert: ================================================= IP Address: 94.23.220.123 (IP Lookup: IP Lookup) Reason: Admin Query String If this kind of security exception repeats itself, please log in to your site's back-end and add this IP address to your Admin Tools's Web Application Firewall feature in order to completely block the misbehaving user. ================================================= But at the same time when the bot visits my site, i get also a notification, that another ip (it changes) at the same time is trying to access my site. In the exact same time. So gtranslate also uses other bots as it seemes as well? For example the alert for this kind of bot: ================================================= IP Address: 142.4.213.25 (IP Lookup: IP Lookup) Reason: Spammer (via HTTP:BL) If this kind of security exception repeats itself, please log in to your site's back-end and add this IP address to your Admin Tools's Web Application Firewall feature in order to completely block the misbehaving user. =================================================
Re: Bot IP alerts
Jan 25, 2016 11:14 am by Yana
Hi, You should unblock 94.23.220.123 IP address. Since the request is being passed trough our server you will see our IP address instead of visitor's real IP address. You can use X-Real-IP header to see visitor's IP address.
Jan 25, 2016 12:09 pm by dennisth19
Hi, its already whitelisted the .123 adress. But what about the other?
Jan 25, 2016 12:57 pm by Yana
Hi, 142.4.213.25 IP address is not our address.
Jan 25, 2016 6:28 pm by dennisth19
Hi, each time i get the firewall alert with the ip from you, i also get in the same time an other alert with different ips. This is no coincidence. This must be related with your bot. Please re-check it with Edvard. Thanks
Jan 26, 2016 1:54 am by Edvard
Hi, All the requests for translated versions are being passed through our proxy IP address which you see on your side. We also send the real visitor IP address, so firewall software can detect the real visitor IP address. You need to talk to your firewall provider. Thanks!

Try GTranslate with a free 15 day trial