Forum Archive - translating personal names

translating personal names
Feb 22, 2015 9:56 am by nfj-admin
Hi all, I'm currently testing with the free version if we could use GTranslate for our new Joomla 3 website. And yes it's really an impressing module for companys, which don't have the money to build up a true multilingual website. My question is, if there is any way to prevent GTranslate from translating personal names of persons into other languages. So, our Staff Member "Annette Lies" appears as "Annette Read" or "Annette Leggi" in the contact formular and articles of the site - depending on the choosed translation. :lol: Regards, Stefan
Re: translating personal names
Feb 22, 2015 9:15 pm by Yana
Dear Stefan, You can edit the source code and add class="notranslate" attribute . For example: <span class="notranslate" >Annette Lies</span>
Feb 23, 2015 5:28 am by nfj-admin
Dear Yana, Dear Stefan, You can edit the source code and add class="notranslate" attribute . For example: <span class="notranslate" >Annette Lies</span> That is wonderful news :D , I will check this today. Also I will write a rewiev of your component if my new site is online. Regards, Stefan
Feb 23, 2015 11:06 am by Yana
Thank you!