Forum Archive - Translation URL Enterprise Version

Translation URL Enterprise Version
Nov 18, 2014 9:13 am by trovaweb
Hello, can you explain me the procedure how to translate URL with the language used in my site? I use the Enterprise Version.
Re: Translation URL Enterprise Version
Nov 18, 2014 10:59 am by Yana
Hi, To enable URL translation feature for your website you need to add the following code into the head tag of your pages. <meta name="uri-translation" content="on" /> If you have specified a canonical URL, make sure that it is below the above meta tag.
Nov 19, 2014 11:12 am by trovaweb
We are going to translate the URLs of about 500 pages, how do i can change the URLs for all pages at the same time?
Nov 19, 2014 12:50 pm by Yana
Hi, Our system will discover all your content and translate everything over time. What you mean by "change the URLs for all pages at the same time"? Can you please explain ?
Nov 20, 2014 8:28 am by trovaweb
Take this page for example: https://www.trovaweb.net/pasticceria-lorino-messina When i click the english flag on the banner on top-right, the page is translated, but the URL is still in italian, even after editing it with the code ?language_edit=1, clicked on edit URL and i translated manually in english. We have about 500 pages like this in our server and the URL is still in the original language even after changing language. We have to translate manually the URL page by page or there's a way to translate all URLs?
Nov 20, 2014 8:33 am by Edvard
Hi, You can create a sitemap page and edit all the URLs on that page. When you change the language the URL will not be translated, but if you navigate after the language change you will have translated URLs. Thanks!
Dec 18, 2014 8:33 am by trovaweb
But the URLs transleted can be reported to Google? And in this tag: <meta name="uri-translation" content="on" /> instead of "uri-translation" i should insert the translated URL?
Dec 23, 2014 2:02 pm by trovaweb
up
Dec 24, 2014 10:16 am by Edvard
Hi, Yes, Google will index translated URLs. The meta tag is to let our system know that you want your URLs be translated. Thank you!