Forum Archive - Free Version Broken in Joomla 3.0.3

Free Version Broken in Joomla 3.0.3
Apr 24, 2013 5:42 pm by globus999
If you install and run the free version in Joomla 3.0.3 out of the box, the free module gives the following errors: Strict Standards: Non-static method modGTranslateHelper::getParams() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\J303b1\modules\mod_gtranslate\mod_gtranslate.php on line 13 Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\J303b1\modules\mod_gtranslate\tmpl\default.php on line 115 Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\J303b1\modules\mod_gtranslate\tmpl\default.php on line 130 Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\J303b1\modules\mod_gtranslate\tmpl\default.php on line 209 As far as I understand it, Strict Standards enforcement is new in 3.X, which means that his version of the Plugin IS NOT!!! 3.X compatible.
Re: Free Version Broken in Joomla 3.0.3
Apr 25, 2013 3:14 pm by Yana
Hi, Please make sure that you downloaded the GTranslate free module for Joomla 3 (mod_gtranslate3.0.x.32.zip).
Jul 25, 2013 2:08 am by szavozd
Hi, I have exactly the same problem and the upload package is the correct one. Can anybody help me please? Thanks so much.
Jul 25, 2013 8:17 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to download the latest version and install it. Here is the link http://joomla-gtranslate.googlecode.com ... 0.x.33.zip
Jul 26, 2013 8:37 am by sam051
I think all above Joomla versions are really best for my Joomla website. Joomla is the perfect CMS so Company CSS Chopper is converting your simple PSD layout into valid Joomla templates/themes.
Jul 28, 2013 12:35 am by visiedo
Hi I just instaled mod_gtranslate3.0.x.33 in Joomla 3.1.4 and Iget de same: Strict Standards: Non-static method modGTranslateHelper::getParams() should not be called statically in /home//public_html/modules/mod_gtranslate/mod_gtranslate.php on line 13 Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home//public_html/modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/default.php on line 115 Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home//public_html/modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/default.php on line 130 Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home//public_html/modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/default.php on line 209 Is there a solution? Thanks
Jul 28, 2013 9:07 pm by Yana
Hi, Can you please check your PHP version? If you are using the latest version please try to turn off strict warnings.
Dec 12, 2013 7:00 am by gneils
This made the errors go away: C:\xampp\htdocs\J303b1\modules\mod_gtranslate\mod_gtranslate.php on line 13 Actually modify the helper.php file as follows (add the word static): Old: function getParams(&$params) { New: static function getParams(&$params) { Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\J303b1\modules\mod_gtranslate\tmpl\default.php on line 115 On line 115 remove the & as follows: Old $document =& JFactory::getDocument(); New: $document =JFactory::getDocument(); Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\J303b1\modules\mod_gtranslate\tmpl\default.php on line 130 Remove the ampersand. Old: $document =& JFactory::getDocument(); New: $document =JFactory::getDocument(); Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\J303b1\modules\mod_gtranslate\tmpl\default.php on line 209 Remove the ampersand: Old: $session =& JFactory::getSession(); New: $session =JFactory::getSession(); It looks like the module still works. I don't know PHP that well, but I think this update will work fine in PHP 5.4+
Dec 12, 2013 8:43 am by Yana
Hi, Thank you. Also you can try to add the following in the helper.php and default.php files. They are in the /modules/mod_gtranslate directory. error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_STRICT & ~E_NOTICE);
Mar 15, 2015 12:14 am by jhebbel
This made the errors go away: C:\xampp\htdocs\J303b1\modules\mod_gtranslate\mod_gtranslate.php on line 13 Actually modify the helper.php file as follows (add the word static): Old: function getParams(&$params) { New: static function getParams(&$params) { Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\J303b1\modules\mod_gtranslate\tmpl\default.php on line 115 On line 115 remove the & as follows: Old $document =& JFactory::getDocument(); New: $document =JFactory::getDocument(); Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\J303b1\modules\mod_gtranslate\tmpl\default.php on line 130 Remove the ampersand. Old: $document =& JFactory::getDocument(); New: $document =JFactory::getDocument(); Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\J303b1\modules\mod_gtranslate\tmpl\default.php on line 209 Remove the ampersand: Old: $session =& JFactory::getSession(); New: $session =JFactory::getSession(); It looks like the module still works. I don't know PHP that well, but I think this update will work fine in PHP 5.4+ Thank you for actually taking the time to fix the errors and report back, more than I can say for the lazy coders here whos solution is to turn off strict error reporting and not bother to fix their errors.... Should add that you missed one at line 142 though $session =& JFactory::getSession(); to $session = JFactory::getSession();
Mar 15, 2015 6:51 pm by Yana
Thank you!