Forum Archive - edit translations offline

edit translations offline
Aug 26, 2013 9:51 pm by DF30000
How can I edit in in a language off line - the majority of translated text is incorrect and its going to take time to fully edit all text in the site, we don't want to publicly display edited text piece meal. When we are happy with translated text we can then make the page public. Alternatively can we 'switch' on or off certain pages in Languages eg when a page is properly edited we can make that page publicly accessible?
Re: edit translations offline
Aug 27, 2013 8:04 pm by Yana
Hi, In order to edit the translations you should go to the page which you want to edit, change language and add ?language_edit=1 to the end of the URL. You will see the translation editing tools. You cannot switch off some languages for some pages. Enabled languages are active for all pages.
Aug 27, 2013 8:47 pm by DF30000
Thanks for the advice. I have a drupal 7 website but disabled the Gtransalate block to avoid people seeing incorrect translations. I now understand that I can simply add ?language_edit=1 to the end of a language eg www.alvanblanchgroup.com/cs/?language_edit=1 enables me to edit the language in Czech I assume that when I re-enable the Gtranslate block all the edited versions will appear? Kind regards
Aug 27, 2013 10:16 pm by Yana
HI, Yes, it will save the translation in the .human files and next time will be loaded from your local cache.