Forum Archive - 10 Million Cache Files

10 Million Cache Files
Apr 19, 2013 3:00 pm by chinchi
This is ridiculous. After 5 Months using gtranslate Pro, my Filesystem had over 10 Million Cache Files, each 1 kb big. A 33 Gigabyte Backup take now 2 hours, before it was done in 25 minutes. Since one week, i am in the progress to clean up this mess and it is still ongoing. After 2 days of deleting (with delage32) this amount of files i am now another 4 days wiping the "empty" discspace (with ccleaner wipe tool) because all is still in the NT MFT Filesystem. My server is since then slow, visits on the bottom, the only fast way would be format and re-installing the whole system. i really like the feature to make a website multilingual but something is very wrong with gtranslate which creates this amount of cache files for a very small website like mine is. After 5 days, i had again 700´000 cache files, even with suffix ´nontranslate´ in every dynamic module, like page date or random photogallery. Take this as a bug report, i can fix it, but its a lot of time waste.
Re: 10 Million Cache Files
Apr 19, 2013 4:07 pm by Edvard
Hi, You may upgrade to Enterprise version which keeps all the translation cache on our servers. It is not a bug, it is by design.
Apr 25, 2013 9:57 am by chinchi
Thanks for your reply. "You may upgrade to Enterprise version which keeps all the translation cache on our servers." I don't like cloud services at all. I am still in the cleanup progress, the MFT wipe tool has taken one Week. After i was finished, gtranslate had created again one million cache files "by design". Now the interesting part starts, today i restart the cleanup because i did some changes in the templates, removing the "change font style" feature, which had immediately pulled down the creations of cache files, and now it does not create any cache files and it does not translate anything. For tests and forcing the translation, i had tried in the .htaccess the entry´s RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|en|zh-TW|cs|da|fi|fr|it|ru|es|sv|nl)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&force_translation=1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|en|zh-TW|cs|da|fi|fr|it|ru|es|sv|nl)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&force_translation=1 [L,QSA] (Yes i deleted the limit.txt) no effects, now it creates zero cache files! (goal reached - 100% succeed :D lool) i didn't change anything else, i just repeat the procedure which i start at 18. april. But for now, no translation anymore! can you explain this?
Apr 25, 2013 3:33 pm by Yana
Hi, Please check GTranslate rules # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^(en|zh-TW|cs|da|fi|fr|it|ru|es|sv|nl)/(en|zh-TW|cs|da|fi|fr|it|ru|es|sv|nl)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^(en|zh-TW|cs|da|fi|fr|it|ru|es|sv|nl)/(en|zh-TW|cs|da|fi|fr|it|ru|es|sv|nl)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(en|zh-TW|cs|da|fi|fr|it|ru|es|sv|nl)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^(en|zh-TW|cs|da|fi|fr|it|ru|es|sv|nl)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] Try to enable GTranslate debug mode and check debug.txt file.
Apr 25, 2013 4:32 pm by chinchi
Changed .htaccess with your version, apache restarted, debug mode on, the Debug File becomes 707 Kb big. Here the first Lines, i shorted the long lines a bit: * About to connect() to translate.google.com port 80 (#0) * Trying 173.194.35.41... * connected * Connected to translate.google.com (173.194.35.41) port 80 (#0) > GET /translate_a/t?client=a&text=C.... HTTP/1.1 User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 Host: translate.google.com Accept: */* < HTTP/1.1 302 Found < Cache-Control: private < Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 < Location: http://www.google.com/sorry/?continue=h ... 3Da%26text%3... < Content-Length: 463 < Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:18:17 GMT < Server: GFE/2.0 * Connection #0 to host translate.google.com left intact * Closing connection #0 Request: client=a&text=Ch.... I have no idea whats wrong, still no cache files.
Apr 26, 2013 2:01 am by chinchi
UPDATE: 6:07 PM, i did the last change, no results. I give up and leave the house for a dinner outside. 10:56 PM, the cache folder filled up again - first files created then. HELL that's why i do not like remote services - you never know when it stopped. Problem seems solved.
Apr 26, 2013 11:50 am by Yana
Good to hear that!