Forum Archive - Remove a language forever

Remove a language forever
Nov 20, 2012 8:32 am by Nikolas
Hello friends Sometimes when I check my site the text automatic translates to arabic :shock: (three times last 3 days) . I have no clue why, cause arabic is not a language I want to use and have no intentions. I removed arabic from the sitemap.txt but the gtranslate still sometimes translate automatic to arabic. How can I definetily remove arabic from gtranslate? I do not want to have to clean cache and disable gtranslate everytime this occur. Thank you:)
Re: Remove a language forever
Nov 20, 2012 10:48 am by Yana
Hi, Try to write a redirect rule in your .htaccess file t o redirect it to your homepage.
Nov 21, 2012 12:28 am by earlyworm
Hello GTranslate, this is really a question I also have some interests. I also want to delete some languages for the translation, but this is very difficult and generates a lot of 404 errors if somebody try to see the page in a "old" translations. Could you please explain more detailed what I have to to delete all the other languages. For example. Just want to keep the translation for French, Spain and Italian. What I have to do for this? Specially to delete the caching for all the other languages example for Sweden. Do I have to delete the Sweden folder in the cache? Pleas explain more detailed what is to do for keeping just some languages for translation .... and delete the unless files in the other translation folders without generate errors on the page. Thanks a lot Regards earlyworm
Nov 22, 2012 8:11 am by Nikolas
Exactly the problem is that some cache folders are getting filled up even if I have no option of a flag or translation for my users. Should I delete the specifi maps from the cache folder ? For da,fr etc? Or maybe change the permissions for these specific maps? Its a lot of work if I have to do it manually every day. Thank you
Nov 23, 2012 4:02 pm by Yana
Hi, You need to write a rule to redirect unwanted languafes to the homepage.Here is an example RewriteRule ^(fr|de|it)/(.*)$ /$1 [R=301,L]