Forum Archive - Wordpress + Gtranslate pro = Pain

Wordpress + Gtranslate pro = Pain
Oct 2, 2012 3:45 am by interpolgam
Hello. I been trying all day to install gtranslate pro and it just doesn't work www.villasmanzanillo.com. I tried many different things, (yes i followed the instructions for Wordpress) and nothing. I talked to my web-hosting service 1and1.com and they told me how to activate it http://faq.1and1.com/scripting_language ... hp/16.html and i followed it and doesn't work. so far every time i try to translate anything in my site www.villasmanzanillo.com it gives me 404 error. PLEASE some help, i want someone to be on the chat to follow up until is solved if possible. Its too frustrating. Sorry I'm not a pro in this. gama this is my email, if you can send me an email [email protected] and then ill reply with the admin info to get in my ftp Wordpress etc etc thansk. Im using os x lion 10.8.2, file zilla (transfering things in binary) wordpress 3.4.2. Thanks. im desperate. I live in mexico so my time and your might be very different. ill be awake at 8.30am mexico time. thanks.
Re: Wordpress + Gtranslate pro = Pain
Oct 2, 2012 2:53 pm by Yana
Hi, GTranslate Pro requires ionCube loader. I've installed it. Please check.
Oct 2, 2012 6:09 pm by interpolgam
Here the response of my webhosting. Dear Gamaliel Martinez, (Customer ID: xxxxxxx) Thank you for contacting us. In reference to your call a while ago, we did investigate all the requirements which this plug in [Gtranslate] requires and we found out that this plug in is supported here in our system. Here is the information we get coming from gtranslate plug in website: PHP ionCube Loader - if you don't have it ask your hosting provider to enable it for you PHP Curl library - default for the most hosts PHP JSON library - default for PHP 5 >= 5.2.0 PHP SOAP client if you are going to use Bing Translator - default for the most hosts Apache mod_rewrite or equivalent (IIRF or ISAPI_rewrite for IIS servers) If your server doesn't meet this requirements, please consider using our Enterprise service. Try to configure an iocube first to your hosting server and try running this plug in again to your wordpress. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. -- Sincerely, Junjie Manacap Technical Support 1&1 Internet
Oct 3, 2012 4:24 am by interpolgam
this is their response. is there a way you could be more explicit or specific about the problem, they seem to dont understand what the problem is, look at their response. Thank you for contacting us. As we had check the website, it is working fine. Can you please guide us through where we can find the error for us to check? Your response is highly appreciated. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. -- Sincerely, Eardvey Colita Technical Support 1&1 Internet
Oct 3, 2012 12:19 pm by interpolgam
Their response from 1and1.com Dear Gamaliel Martinez, (Customer ID: 19411441) Thank you for contacting us. You can refer to this external link in enabling the $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] variable: http://php.net/manual/en/features.http-auth.php If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. -- Sincerely, Eardvey Colita Technical Support 1&1 Internet What should I do now?
Oct 3, 2012 2:06 pm by Yana
Hi, Please read this topic. This should help you. post4644.html?hilit=http_authorization#p4644
Oct 3, 2012 10:53 pm by interpolgam
Thanks Yana, Wouldt be just easier for you an me just for you to edit it and check if its work so then is 100% running? so far its 99% i just need to be able to edit my translations. i belive you already have my data my site is www.villasmanzanillo.com i just really dont wanna mess up all the work ayou already did. THanks a lot and sorry to bother you so much. Thanks again.
Oct 5, 2012 3:30 am by interpolgam
PLEASE YANA, could you PLS help me out to finish installing my Gtranslate pro? As you said is JUST to modify the .htacces file etc. could you PLEASE do that? you have my info already www.villasmanzanillo.com i really don't want to ask for a refund since i believe this is a great plugin, 99% working so far, just the last 1% missing to be able to edit the translations. thanks a again sorry to be so n00b about this. :oops:
Oct 5, 2012 1:06 pm by interpolgam
Hi im online right now, is anybody there? I need help
Oct 5, 2012 5:51 pm by interpolgam
Yana. Do you remember? you settled my site to be with no password for the translations, could you change that and apply the changes that you are pointing me on the other post so then the gtranslate is working 100% ? or anyone else that works here in gtranslate? pls understand that I'm not a coder i know nothing about it. very very basic. i really don't wanna mess up my site since is my main business. i will really appreciate an answer eaither from Yana or Edvard. or whoever else works here. thanks so much,.
Oct 6, 2012 1:12 pm by interpolgam
Any news?
Oct 7, 2012 3:54 pm by interpolgam
Come on, Please, Can someone help me? im not sure how to undo the non password and the .htacces thins that you did already, could you please help me out? thanks
Oct 8, 2012 1:18 pm by interpolgam
Yana, can you pls help me out to finish what you started? thanks. im online right now.
Oct 8, 2012 11:57 pm by interpolgam
This is my .htaccess RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^(es|en|fr|da|pt|nl|pt|tl|de|it|ja|ko|ru|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(es|en|fr|da|pt|nl|pt|tl|de|it|ja|ko|ru|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^(es|en|fr|da|pt|nl|pt|tl|de|it|ja|ko|ru|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(es|en|fr|da|pt|nl|pt|tl|de|it|ja|ko|ru|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(es|en|fr|da|pt|nl|pt|tl|de|it|ja|ko|ru|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&force_translation=1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^(es|en|fr|da|pt|nl|pt|tl|de|it|ja|ko|ru|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&force_translation=1 [L,QSA] SetEnvIfNoCase Authorization "Basic ([a-z0-9=]+)" REDIRECT_REMOTE_AUTHORIZATION=$1 # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress and this is the email that my host sent Dear Gamaliel Martinez, (Customer ID: xxxxx) Thank you for contacting us. We had double check again the '$_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER' and found out that this is not supported on your current package. Please refer to the PHP directives on the link below that can be adjusted through .htaccess or php.ini file. http://www.1and1php.com/phpinfo.php5 If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. -- Sincerely, Ivy Hanijane Lauron Technical Support 1&1 Internet is there a way any of you could help me?
Oct 13, 2012 4:51 pm by Yana
Hi, Your current hosting plan doesn't support the php authentication.We will make the refund per your request.