Forum Archive - Jquery problem blocking theme options

Jquery problem blocking theme options
Feb 21, 2013 10:39 pm by Ch33kyMunkee
I am using the professional version of GTranslate. My wordpress theme has a function that allows me to "live edit" the pages. This is currently not working. The theme creator has informed me that it is a jquery problem and that it is coming from <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/.......... So this is a google translate API issue. Due to massive costs, I recently stopped using the google translation API and gone back to the free version of GTranslate based on this thread api-key-t2341.html I have gone back to the original config.php supplied with Pro and thus have taken out the API key that I had put in there. It has not fixed the problem. My theme creator suggests uninstalling the plugin (I can always reinstall), but I want to know if this is going to reset the amount of pages that I have translated with GTranslate? According to the thread above, Gtranslate is daily cacheing my site. Will I lose that cacheing by reinstalling? What if I just deactivate the plugin and not completely uninstall it? Any other suggestions to prevent the script being activated that is causing the problem? Thanks Tim
Re: Jquery problem blocking theme options
Feb 22, 2013 1:38 pm by Yana
Hi, You can make a backup copy of the GTranslate cache folder and replace it after reinstalling the plugin.