Forum Archive - How does "force_translation=1" affect cache

How does "force_translation=1" affect cache
Feb 4, 2013 8:38 pm by FerryTO
Hi My client has a domain on which not all apges were fully translating. I followed advice given in this forum and included the "?force_translation=1" tag and this solved the problem straight away although the translated pages do take a bit longer to display now than before. My question is does GTranslate Pro still write the translated pages to cache when the "?force_translation=1" tag is used and if it does will I be able to remove the "?force_translation=1" tag after a few days and get fully translated pages from cache or will the fully translated cache pages be overwritten by semi translated pages as what happened prior to setting the force translation tag? Thanks Paul
Re: How does "force_translation=1" affect cache
Feb 4, 2013 9:27 pm by Yana
Hi, After the translation it will keep the translations in the cache and and will not ask Google to translate it again.