Forum Archive - GTranslate not working: Fatal Error...

GTranslate not working: Fatal Error...
May 19, 2012 1:12 pm by johnny
Greetings, I installed gtranslate and it was working beautifully, but i just noticed that it is no longer working. Here is the web address http://www.hanneletampio.com This is the error message i get when clicking on a flag. I am wondering if i missed an update or something like that. Thanks in advance for your kind support. ~Regards, ~johnny Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [s:Client] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: the parameter 'appId' must contain at least '16' characters Parameter name: appId : ID=3010.V2_Soap.Translate.31006699 in /home/weworldm/public_html/hanneletampio.com/gtranslate/translate.php:100 Stack trace: #0 /home/weworldm/public_html/hanneletampio.com/gtranslate/translate.php(100): SoapClient->__call('Translate', Array) #1 /home/weworldm/public_html/hanneletampio.com/gtranslate/translate.php(165): get_translation() #2 /home/weworldm/public_html/hanneletampio.com/gtranslate/translate.php(220): gtranslate() #3 /home/weworldm/public_html/hanneletampio.com/gtranslate/translate.php(465): translate(Array) #4 /home/weworldm/public_html/hanneletampio.com/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #5 /home/weworldm/public_html/hanneletampio.com/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #6 /home/weworldm/public_html/hanneletampio.com/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #7 in /home/weworldm/public_html/hanneletampio.com/gtranslate/translate.php on line 100
Re: GTranslate not working: Fatal Error...
May 19, 2012 8:59 pm by Yana
Hi, You need to update your GTranslate Pro version to the latest one. I'll send you the latest version.
May 23, 2012 12:39 am by johnny
Thank you for the quick reply. I received the update and so far still not working. Does the entire installation process need to be completed? If not, what files are required to upgrade. It isn't clear from the instructions which files are needed for the upgrade. I installed the Pro plugin and input a new bing translate api key, but it is not working. How can I preserve the existing translations during the upgrade? Thanks for your help. ~johnny
May 23, 2012 8:58 pm by Yana
Hi, If you have installed the general version you need to copy and replace .php files from general folder. You can leave the cache. If you can send FTP access and backend admin username/password I'll install it for you.
May 26, 2012 12:09 pm by Yana
Hi, I've updated the plugin.