Forum Archive - Gtranslate and Joomsef causing problems

Gtranslate and Joomsef causing problems
Oct 14, 2014 3:18 pm by natastna2
Hello, I have recently purchase Gtranslate pro for my website www.wetphonefix.co.uk and it is having problems with Joomsef in that it keeps diverting me to another language when I click on things. I have turned off the cache but the problem still persists. For instance if you go here: http://www.wetphonefix.co.uk/ and click on Fix Tablets you're suddenly in Dutch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Anthony
Re: Gtranslate and Joomsef causing problems
Oct 14, 2014 3:39 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please turn of your system cache and make sure that GTranslate plugin is in the last order in the plugin manager. Thanks!
Oct 14, 2014 5:58 pm by natastna2
Hello, I have done so. When I visit a URL like: http://www.wetphonefix.co.uk/fr It is now being redirected to simply http://www.wetphonefix.co.uk/ Can you please let me know how I am able to stop this behaviour? Thank you for your time.
Oct 14, 2014 6:06 pm by natastna2
So to summarise, if I have the Gtranslate plugin before Joomsef in the list I get randomly switched to foreign languages and the homepage will not stay as /fr, /de etc and if I have it after the whole thing just 404s. Are there specific settings needed for Gtranslate and Joomla?
Oct 15, 2014 2:39 pm by natastna2
And now when I visit the website straight off it translates to French: http://www.wetphonefix.co.uk/ Can I please get some help with what the right settings should be? I'm not too keen on having it all indexed in the wrong languages. Regards, Anthony
Oct 15, 2014 3:01 pm by Edvard
Hi Anthony, If by changing the order of GTranslate and Sef plugin you cannot make it to work as you wish, please disable GTranslate plugin and install GTranslate general version from the Pro package we have sent to you. It will remove any conflict you have with other plugins. Thanks!
Oct 15, 2014 3:08 pm by natastna2
Hi Edvard, In all the many other Gtranslate pro subscriptions I have an alteration has been necessary to Joomsef to make it work correctly. I'm using a newer version of Joomla / Joomsef now and so I am not sure if it is still necessary to make this alteration. I believe this may be the cause of the problem.
Oct 15, 2014 3:28 pm by natastna2
This was the fix for the previous sites: // fix for gtranslate $uri =& JURI::getInstance(); $router =& $mainframe->getRouter(); plgSystemGTranslate::parseGTranslate($router, $uri); This was placed in sef.router.php I believe this may just need altering to reflect the new Joomla / Joomsef
Oct 15, 2014 4:27 pm by Edvard
Hi, You may try that as well, if the reordering doesn't work. It simply fires GTranslate before the JoomSef. You may also upgrade to Enterprise version. Thanks!
Oct 15, 2014 5:07 pm by natastna2
Hello, When i put // fix for gtranslate $uri =& JURI::getInstance(); $router =& $mainframe->getRouter(); plgSystemGTranslate::parseGTranslate($router, $uri); Into the sef.router file in Joomla 3.3 every page is just a white screen The fix for Gtranslate on Joomsef was for Joomla 1.5 . I believe this fix will need to be altered for Joomla 3.3
Oct 15, 2014 6:10 pm by natastna2
Hi Edvard, I am perfectly happy to pay for an hour or 2 of your time, if you just let me know a PayPal account. I'd just really like to get this issue fixed asap.
Oct 16, 2014 4:26 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please send me FTP access info and admin backend access and I'll look into it for you. Thanks!
Oct 16, 2014 5:23 pm by natastna2
Hi Edvard, Thank you for your response. I have emailed those details through to you. Regards, Anthony
Oct 16, 2014 7:20 pm by Edvard
Thanks, I'll get back to you soon.
Oct 20, 2014 11:25 pm by natastna2
Hi Edvard, I'm sorry to pester. I was just hoping you might have had a chance to look into the problem? Thank you for your time. Regards, Anthony
Oct 22, 2014 6:01 pm by Edvard
Hi, Sorry for my late response. It seems that I have fixed it. I have modified plugins/system/joomsef.php file and added this code in onAfterInitialize event: // fix for gtranslate $uri =& JURI::getInstance(); $mainframe = JFactory::getApplication(); $router = $mainframe->getRouter(); if(class_exists('plgSystemGTranslate')) plgSystemGTranslate::parseGTranslate($router, $uri); $session = & JFactory::getSession(); $lang = $session->get('glang'); $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = str_replace('/'.$lang.'/', '/', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']); $uri->setPath($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']); So, basically it makes sure that joomSef doesn't know about GTranslate URL structure by removing the language code from the URL before joomSef starts parsing the URL. GTranslate plugin still fires in the end of all other plugins. Thanks!
Oct 23, 2014 12:38 am by natastna2
Thank you very much Edvard, that's a load off my mind. I will be purchasing another pro subscription within the week!
Oct 23, 2014 1:46 am by Edvard
Thank you!
Oct 24, 2014 10:18 pm by natastna2
Hi Edvard, I'm sorry to bother you again. Unfortunately it seems that while the fix helped a bit in the problem occurs slightly less often I think, the problem is still occurring. The fix also seems to disable most of the javascript functionality on the site including the add to cart buttons, brand selector etc. Thank you for your time. Regards, Anthony