Forum Archive - GTranlate Pro -2nd party articles not translating

GTranlate Pro -2nd party articles not translating
Apr 16, 2014 1:19 am by himara
I am using Gtranslate Pro on a non-profit's website. It works fine translating the website menus and content from English to Greek and Albanian languages. However, the website also posts daily news articles from English, Greek and Albanian online sources. At any one time, there are articles in all 3 languages. GTranslate fails to translate those news articles to the language selected. It only translates the website menus and content and the news articles remain in their source language. Please advise. Thank you.
Re: GTranlate Pro -2nd party articles not translating
Apr 16, 2014 5:43 am by Yana
Hi, Can you post your website address, so I can check it?
Apr 16, 2014 5:21 pm by himara
yes it is: www.himarriotonsociety.org. Please refer to the "Blogs" menu where the daily news articles are posted.
Apr 17, 2014 11:57 am by Yana
Hi, Please send me an exact link of non translated page.
Apr 17, 2014 2:38 pm by himara
Here you go: http://himarriotonsociety.org/blogs-articles
Apr 17, 2014 5:42 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to enable "Detect Main Language" option. As you set the default language to English it cannot translate non-English-language text . You can check the documentation here https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... umentation
May 6, 2014 2:53 am by himara
Hi, changed to 'detect main language'. working somewhat better than before but is not translating consistently. http://himarriotonsociety.org/blogs-articles , is the link to the page in question. if you look from top of page, the first article is in Albanian, the 2nd in English, the 3rd in Greek. If you click on the Albanian icon, it translates the English article to Albanian but not the Greek article. If you click on the Greek icon, it translates the Albanian and English articles to Greek. If you click on the English icon, it defaults and doesnt translate either the Albanian or Greek articles. Any advice? Thank you.
May 6, 2014 10:50 am by Edvard
Hi, You may use ?force_translation=1 when you want to force the translation right away and do not want to wait. But do not use it always, let it pass some time so it will translate everything over time. You may try to set the main language of your website in GTranslate module (language selector) options list to some language you do not use, for example Danish, so it will not redirect you back to original website when you click on English flag. In your case I would offer you to use our Enterprise version and configure your website as follows: mix.domain.org will be your original website with the mixed language content. domain.org will be English translation el.domain.org will be in Greek sq.domain.org will be in Albanian You may also purchase other domain names and we can host languages on that domain, for example: domain.gr will be Greek translation Let me know. Thanks!