Forum Archive - English translates to Afrikaans

English translates to Afrikaans
Oct 22, 2014 6:40 pm by jasons
I have noticed that if my default language is English and I select the English language that it then translates to the Afrikaans language. If I select English again, then it will translate back to English. What I find more interesting is that I do not even the Afrikaans language select as an option. Do others have this issue or have a solution? Any help would be appreciated!
Re: English translates to Afrikaans
Oct 22, 2014 6:42 pm by Edvard
Hi, Just do not select English if your site is already in English. Thanks!
Oct 22, 2014 6:50 pm by jasons
Edvard - Yes I am aware of that but I know the users and my client will select English. As I have Gtranslate as a pop up on the home page as a request from the client. So I really need for it to translate to English if someone selects that language, even though its the default language. Anyone have workarounds?
Oct 22, 2014 6:54 pm by Edvard
Not sure, but if you see that the site is already in English why you should click the English flag? If you really need that for reasons not known to me, then you will need to modify doGTranslate javascript function to add handling of that scenario. Thanks!
Oct 22, 2014 7:39 pm by jasons
I understand what you are saying Edvard. However I have to have a pop up upon entering the home page that ask you to select your language. So as you can see someone is going to select English and it will translate to Afrikaans each time.
May 27, 2015 9:31 am by johannes69
Hi I have the exact same issue, Please give steps how to fix this as it is unacceptable. You WILL always get people clicking on the English flag even if the site is English and then you definitely don't want the site translated to Afrikaans. Please advise.
May 27, 2015 3:22 pm by Edvard
Hi, Haven't had a time to fix this issue in the free version yet. As mentioned earlier you will need to modify doGTranslate javascript function to check for the current selected language from cookie. If you are a coder it should be easy. That issue is fixed in Enterprise version. Thanks!