Forum Archive - Compatibility with Advanced Google Analytics Plugin

Compatibility with Advanced Google Analytics Plugin
Nov 27, 2014 2:55 pm by dcl997
I am using the free version of GTranslate along with the Advanced Google Analytics plugin - http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ased/23871. I would like to enable analytics in GTranslate, but I see in the description that is says 'If you have Google Analytics new code on your site (_gaq). When I view the source code for our site, I do not see _gaq: http://ippl.info/ Can you tell me if it's possible to use GTranslate along with the Google Analytics plugin? In the Advanced Google Analytics plugin settings, there is an option for 'Enable Events Tracking', which I have set to yes. Thank you.
Re: Compatibility with Advanced Google Analytics Plugin
Nov 28, 2014 12:20 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please direct your question to Advanced Google Analytics plugin developer and ask if it supports _gaq code. Thanks!
Nov 28, 2014 4:15 pm by dcl997
This is the response I received from Advanced Google Analytics: "Yes, if you choose Classic Analytics as Tracking Type in my plugin. But I wouldn’t recommend doing that, because that tracking method is deprecated by Google. Rather than doing that you should contact the GTranslate developer and ask him to update its tracking code." I noticed when generating the tracking code directly in Google Analytics that it does not have _gaq. Is it possible to update the GTranslate module code?
Dec 1, 2014 6:21 am by Edvard
Hi, Currently we use gaq code for Analytics and it is still supported. When the support is expired we will update our code. Thanks!
Dec 1, 2014 2:12 pm by dcl997
Thank you. I will just use the translate code directly from Google Translate then.